Like A Good Neighbor
I have been driving everywhere in the tri-state area lately and during my travels, I noticed something on the roads, something really smart from State Farm.
State Farm may not necessarily have what my advertising professor in college would have called a “sexy” product-and while I admittedly am completely uninterested in insurance, I have to give credit where credit is due. What they are doing will undoubtedly strengthen their relationships with current customers, all while gaining new ones.
The program does the following:
- Responds to accidents/incidents
- Provides traffic control for scene stabilization
- Delivers an initial maintenance response (debris clean up, spill control, etc.)
- Communicates with the Turnpike Operations Center (and other responders) regarding the incident and resources needed to respond
- Patrols the roadway
- Renders customer assistance
What else does it do?
- Gives State Farm a huge edge over their competition, while greatly increasing visibility
- Rolls out the red carpet for new customers every time they help someone without their insurance policy
- Further strengthens current customer relationships fostering trust and reinforcing dependability
- Allows them to get creative with mobile and up and coming location based social media services
I do not know everything about this program, but I love what I see! I hope that if they haven’t, they’ll create an app that includes a location-based service. I also think they should go even further and use profiles on services like Ban.jo or Highlig.ht and consider partnering with great GPS apps like Waze.